McLawhorn Legal concentrates on federal criminal defense in Columbia, South Carolina.
McLawhorn Legal can represent you in federal court in all stages of the criminal process.
More serious and complex criminal cases are usually prosecuted in the United States District Court, commonly known as federal court. Federal crimes often carry penalties that are much more severe than state charges. Having an experienced attorney who has years of experience and familiarity with federal criminal practice and procedure is extremely important to ensure that you have the best representation to effectively navigate the complexities of the federal criminal process. McLawhorn Legal has experience in representing hundreds of clients in federal court in all stages of the criminal process and is ready to fight for you.
Federal crimes can include, but are not limited to:
- Drug Conspiracy
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance
- Violent Crimes
- Bomb Threats
- Firearm Offenses
- Immigration Offenses (illegal entry, illegal reentry, harboring and transporting aliens)
- White-Collar & Financial Crime
- Mail Fraud
- Wire Fraud
- Social Security Fraud
- Bank Fraud
- Marriage Fraud
- Identity Fraud
- Theft of Government Funds
- Counterfeiting U.S. Currency
- Credit Card Access Devices
- Bribery and Public Corruption
- Federal Supervised Release Violations
- Federal Misdemeanors and Petty Offenses
- Federal Target Letter Investigation (a letter informing you that you are being investigated for a potential violation of a federal crime)